Sunday, December 13, 2015

TO BE A CHRISTIAN - IV


MEDITATION

‘Twixt night and day
A star shone bright,
When leapt God’s Word
Unto us to be the Light.

‘Twixt ox and ass
On a bed of hay,
The Pearl of great price
Sleeping lay.

Among the beasts why didst thou stay,
That might in silken bed have slept?
A silken robed man sought me to slay,
Alas, and many mothers wept.
A man of my own did me betray;
How many were they their promise kept?

My heart, my treasure,
I would I might know
That love without measure
Which I to thee owe.

May I that strive ‘twixt soul and beast,
Find through the Way my singleness;
That when I come to thee, Orient Star,
My soul be clad in robes for thy feast.

©2015 by Ruth Heredia

2 comments:

Fair_Marina said...

A lovely warm poem.

Ruth said...

Thank you. It is nice to be read and appreciated!