Sunday, November 01, 2015

Reflections on All Saints’ Day

What is good has been explained to you, O man,
this is what the Lord asks of you:
only this, to act justly,
to love tenderly
and to walk humbly with your God
~ Micah 6: 6-8

Fill your minds with everything that is true, everything that is noble,
everything that is good and pure, everything that we love and honour,
and everything that can be thought virtuous or worthy of praise ...
Then the God of peace will be with you.
~ Philippians 4: 8-9

Who shall climb the mountain of the Lord?
Who shall stand in his holy place?
The man with clean hands and pure heart,
who desires not worthless things.
~ Psalm 23

I love you, Lord, my strength,
my rock,
my fortress, my saviour.
My God is the rock where I take refuge,
my shield my mighty help, my stronghold.
The Lord is worthy of praise:
When I call I am saved from my foes.
~ Psalm 17




No comments: